Experienced/Senior Full stack Java/Angular Developer (Freelance)
Client and Project Description: The project covers the central ETRM (Energy Trading and Risk Management) system and other associated processes. There is a need to develop a Trade Capture application in order to capture deals from a common exchange integration application, enrich these deals, make them available for visualization, and pass them on to other consumers and consuming applications.
Role Description: The Java Fullstack Developer would join a small team already working on the initial phases of this application and would participate in the development of all aspects of the application. This includes the data ingestion from the exchange-connected services, transformation/enrichment of data to conform to internal Client data definitions, persistence, provision of data to other consumers, and visualization/interrogation of data via a UI.
Role Engagement: 100% Capacity
Starting Date: August 2021
Duration: 6-12+ Months
Location: Candidate should be physically located in Europe, and be willing to travel to Karlsruhe, Germany on client demand, depending on project.
Development of key aspects of Trade Capture Application
Develop required capabilities such as data enrichment and transformation
ensure all components operate within the AWS cloud environment and integrate with required systems
Design discussions for integration with Trading Systems and other consumers
Work with BA and other technical resources to understand the needs of consuming systems and propose and develop appropriate solutions
User Story refinement & Agile working practices
Through dialogue with other team members, ensure user stories are specified to the required level of detail, are estimated and planned for execution within sprints
Knowledge and Competences
- Microservice architecture and 2-factor app implementation.
- Strong test-driven development experience.
- Experience of working in Agile development projects.
- Restful web services implementation using Spring boot.
- Kubernetes tooling, Helm, Docker, Cert Manager etc.
- Some experience using AWS Cloud native services. EKS, Fargate, ALB, Route 53, Dynamo Db, Aurora.
- Good communication skills are essential with the ability to analyze problems, generate solution options and propose recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English