Data Architect (Freelance)
Role engagement: 100% capacity
Duration: During Q3 in 2021, but likely to be extended to the end of 2021
Location: Candidate should be physically located in Europe, and be willing to travel to Karlsruhe, Germany on client demand, depending on project.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Creation of the overall, cross-application data architecture and data landscape. This includes the definition of data provisioning principles and their delivery to the organization.
• Responsible for the transparency about so-called managing systems. A managing system of a business object is the system which creates a business object.
• Drive the decision-making processes to specify a managing system for a business object.
• Oversee, align and support the definition of data schemas for business objects, which are communicated vie the data backbone. This may include supporting field definitions, but usually the task in on an enterprise level. On an enterprise level, it comprises the identification of similar or redundant business objects, object overlays, and potential conflicts, and the orchestration of relationships between business objects.
• Have a veto right for cutting or joining business objects.
Competencies and Experience
• Proven understanding of the energy trading business, risk management and real-time data
• Proven experience in the design of business-oriented data models and data schemas
• Proven experience in data architecture on an enterprise architecture level
• JSON experience
• Good understanding of Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Database, Data Streaming and Data Catalogue concepts
• AWS Experience
• Good understanding of Advanced Analytics Tools usage and its’ relationship to data models
• Self-starter, able to work remotely with limited guidance
• Able to prioritise issues and manage user expectations
• Demonstratable experience of contributing to complex projects/initiatives
• Experience working in a complex, integrated commercial environment
• Motivated, tenacious, and pro-active in achieving results
• Diligent and dependable with strong integrity
• Fluent in English (spoken and written). German knowledge is a plus
• Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation